Our Mission & Vision
To be an inviting, Spirit-filled community of MISSIONARY DISCIPLES as the service of all our sisters and brothers.
Our Parish is a place where MISSIONARY DISCIPLES are equipped to grow and build the Kingdom of God. To strengthen our relationship with Jesus Christ, we Break Bread and listen to the Scriptures; attend Bible Study, Alpha and Open Forum sessions together. We invite the stranger in, feed the hungry, clothe the poor, visit the sick and journey with the broken-hearted. We nurture our community by connecting with our brothers and sisters in Vine Groups and at social events.
OUR CHURCH HISTORY
Father Sabon, worn out by hard work, died in 1883. In November 1902 arrangements were made for the removal of the entire building, which has to be rebuilt in Stamford Hill Road, Greyville in 1903 was out of the “country”. The foundation of this St. Joseph’s parish was laid on New Year’s Day 1903, and on the 12th of June 1904, St. Joseph’s was opened for Divine Worship.
As the years passed, Greyville became industrialised and residents moved away. New major road developments were taking place in Durban and a new site for St. Joseph’s was required. It was then the site on Florida Road was purchased and in 1975, the parish moved to the new St. Joseph’s in Morningside. On the 26th of January 1976, the present St. Joseph’s was officially blessed by Archbishop Denis Hurley, OMI. The present church was consecrated by Archbishop (now Cardinal Napier, OFM) on the 3rd of October 1993.
Parish Pastoral Council
President – FR. BRETT WILLIAMS
Chairman– TERESA DE QUINTAL
Vice-Chairman– BRENDAN ALLEY
Acting Secretary – LELETHU THOBELA
Chairman – PATRICK LECLEZIO
Vice: ROBYN SCHROEDER
REV. FR.BRETT WILLIAMS
Parish Administrator Craig Pillay
Volunteer Secretarial Rose Morrow